I’m discovering that summer isn’t my favorite time of year to go out with my camera. Sunrise is too early and not as exciting as it is in the winter, it’s rays are too harsh during the afternoon, and I’m too tired at night to capture the sunset.
So, what I’m doing instead is working on the administrative side of my business. Below is a list of all the things I’ve been working on this past week, and will continue to work on until the leaves start to change color.
- I’m updating my listings on Etsy. I wrote Hopefully better descriptions and I still have to take better photos of my products.
- Working on my marketing strategy and budget. I’ve got my budget figured out, I just need to figure out everything else.
- Trying to generate new content ideas for my blog and other social media sites. I’m always looking for new ideas, but I’m starting to organize my thoughts and create a calendar for the rest of the year.
- Looking into craft fairs for the rest of the year. My day job schedule is pretty inconsistent, so this is proving a little more difficult than it should be. I’m also trying to find places that aren’t too far away from home.
- Thinking of the goals and dreams I want to accomplish in the next year or so. I’m also reevaluating my current goals and deciding what I need to do to accomplish them.
- Planning trips around places I want to photograph. I’m hoping that the current Covid situation doesn’t affect the trip we’re planning on going on in October, but if it does, I’m looking for somewhere more local that we could go instead.
How do you plan your summers? Do you like taking your camera out this time of year? What do you find to photograph?