As promised a few days ago, here is my photography bucket list. I just started writing down my ideas. I’m going to officially start it on January 1, and I’m giving myself two years to complete it. I’m embracing that whole new year, new you mentality.
I have three categories that I want to group my items in, and there are 10 items in each category. The three categories are photography, business, and personal development. I’m only going to share two from each category, as some of them are not that interesting to read about.
- Photograph the same spot every month for a year. It will be interesting to see the progression of the seasons and the movement of the sun. I’m thinking about taking it a step further and making it be at the same time and maybe on the same day of every month. That way I don’t forget to do it.
- Spend an entire day with my camera. I think this sounds like a lot of fun and I can’t wait to attempt it. I’ve got plenty of spare batteries, so that shouldn’t be a problem.
- Write a book of poems, essays, and photographs. I miss writing, and I want to try my hand at a different genre than what I normally write.
- Maintain and grow my blog. I like you guys, and I want to meet new people. I enjoy sharing my photography experiences, and I want to continue to do so.
- Evaluate my mental health and make changes as needed. I feel like my mental health has been taking a hit lately, and I need to take a step back and make changes. Any suggestions on books, podcasts, blogs, etc. that could help with this?
- Find a way to settle my wanderlust without going anywhere. I have a terrible(?) case of wanderlust, and not enough time to travel. I’m thinking about borrowing tour guide books from the library and pretending. I follow a lot of travel bloggers too, so that’s been helping a little bit.
As I accomplish each item, or attempt to accomplish each item, I’ll blog about them. What items are on your bucket list? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below. And maybe add them to my own list.