The Rest of the Week

Last time, I told you all that we walked around Lake Geneva. All 22 miles of it. And we felt every 22 mile that we had walked. We barely made it to the car that night, and then we still had to cook dinner. Now I want to share with you what we did the rest of the week.

The fall color along the historic shore trail around Lake Geneva.

Dinner was a struggle to cook, and an even bigger struggle to eat. I wound up just snacking instead of eating an actual meal. But I was too tired, sore, and sweaty to want to eat.

After dinner,  I took the longest, hottest shower that I could. After my shower, we hung out on the sofa and watched TV until it was time for bed. We both took a Tylenol and honestly, we both slept pretty ok.

It was brutal trying to shuffle around the house, and honestly, I thought we would have more trouble sleeping than we did. However, I feel like I woke up to leg pain, but it was a decent-ish time, so I can’t really complain too much.


We spent Wednesday laying pretty low. The weather wasn’t that great anyway, so we didn’t feel guilty hanging out in the house. We spent the day lounging around and reading. 

My right knee hurt, and my husband had a terrible blister on his heel, but other than that, we weren’t too sore. At least we didn’t think so. 

We did go out around 5 pm to get a few groceries that we forgot to bring, including some ibuprofen. And then we went out and played Pokemon Go for an hour. I even made two new friends there while we were out raiding. (If you know, you know).

When we got back from playing Pokemon, I cooked dinner. It wasn’t raining quite yet, so I cooked on the grill. And while I was waiting for the charcoal to cook, I made a new friend. There was a huge raccoon in the backyard.

I wanted to say hello, but my husband wouldn’t let me. I did get a few photos of it, and I was able to make a TikTok too.

Before bed I took an ibuprofen, so I could get some sleep. My husband didn’t feel the need to take anything so he didn’t.


I noticed more knee pain on Thursday than I did on Wednesday. The weather was even worse so we did pretty much the same thing. I am very grateful that we got more pain meds, because they helped a lot. I think I took two, maybe three all day, and it allowed me to function.

My husband and I read and ate pretty much all day. And that was the part of the vacation that we’ve been looking forward to. As much as we love traveling and seeing new things, we also enjoy not doing anything. This vacation was a perfect mix of both.


We were feeling a bit more adventurous on Friday, so we drove over to Lake Geneva. We checked out the museum for an hour or so, just for something to do. It was raining off and on all morning.

After dinner we went on a ghost walk around downtown Lake Geneva. We both forgot that we had signed up for that, but we had a great time. It was so much fun and we both learned a lot about the local history. My husband and I would highly recommend doing that if you’re ever in the area.


This was our last day out of town. We left our house around 9:30 or so. We spent the car ride talking about the trip and our favorite parts, as is one of our traditions. 

When we got home, we had a ton of errands to run, and housework to do. I feel like we wore more clothes on vacation than we do during any other week. How does that happen?!

That was what we did for the rest of the week in Lake Geneva. We had a great time there and we can’t wait to go back.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: